We Need Volunteers
Wise County Youth Soccer Association is an all volunteer organization. Everything that gets done in our league is done by generous,
community minded people. Without the efforts of these people, our youth would not be able to participate and compete in this active,
engaging game they love.
Each and every season, we need new volunteers. As children grow and develop different activities, parents and volunteers lapse out and become engaged in different activities, leaving a void in the volunteer fabric that allows our association to function. ThatÂ’s why we need you. You wouldn’t believe how nearly every season comes down to a day or so before opening day when we are scrambling around asking ourselves Â“Who is going to fill this role? Who is going to do that job? Who is going to coach that team or who can help cut grass and line the fields before the game? As our league grows, our needs grow too. Please volunteer just a bit of your time and the reward will last a lifetime. Each season, the WCYSA Board of Directors actively recruits the following volunteer positions:
- Coach or assistant coach-little or no experience required, but you will get plenty of support from us
- Concessions-serving refreshments
- Grounds-grass cutting and trimming average 3 hours a week, the more volunteers we have, the easier the task. We furnish the supplies or you can bring your own.
- Field preparation-lining fields with a small push-cart, great way to exercise
- Referee-experience is definitely required, but if youÂ’ve been with us a couple of seasons, youv will get the hang of it quickly
- Team Parent-organize snack lists, end of season activities and jersey/trophy presentations
- League Representative/Host-during tournaments, festivals and jamborees, we need a person that can provide information or direct people to the answer
- Trash Detail-Yep, just what it sounds like. Kids are messy. We need help with litter patrol and emptying trashcans
For as little as one hour a week, you can help keep our association running smooth. Please take a small amount of your time to help. It’s what an association is all about and helps our youth and our community. Contact a Board member for details.